Quick Facts Of Kalvin Phillips
|Full Name||Kalvin Phillips|
|Nick Name||Yorkshire Pirlo|
|Birth Name||Kalvin Mark Phillips|
|Place Of Birth||Leeds, England|
|Height||5 ft. 10 inches|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||€9 Million|
|Current Club||Leeds United|
Kalvin Phillips, an English professional footballer, plays as a midfielder for Premier League club Leeds United. He began playing football in 2003 for the Wortley youth team and continued to play until 2010.
He joined the Leeds United youth team at age 14 and started his professional career there. In summer 2014, he signed his first professional contract with the club and made his professional debut on April 6, 2015. He spent his entire professional life at Leeds United, scoring more than ten goals and making over 200 appearances.
He is an English national but is eligible to play internationally for Jamaica and Ireland. He was also called up for the Jamaica team but chose to play for England. On September 8, 2020, he made his international debut for England. He was selected to be part of the England team representing England at UEFA Euro 2020 in 2021.
What is Kalvin Phillips famous for?
- Professional football player.
- Leeds United won the 2019-20 EFL Championship.
Where is Kalvin Phillips from?
Kalvin Mark Phillips was conceived on December 5, 1995. His birthplace was Leeds, England. His Jamaican father, Mark, and Lindsay, his Irish mother, gave birth to him.
He was a triplet, and one of his sisters died when he was young. Terrell is his younger brother. During his secondary school years, he attended The Farnley Academy. He is English-born. He is of mixed race and Christian. His horoscope sign, Sagittarius.
Kalvin Phillips Club Career
- He began playing football in Wortley’s youth soccer team in 2003. He continued to play until 2010.
- He joined Leeds United’s youth team at 14 years old and started his professional career there. In summer 2014, he signed his first professional contract with the club. He made his professional debut on April 6, 2015, against Wolverhampton Wanderers. He was able to keep his place in the Leeds starting 11 and made his home debut. On April 11, 2015, he scored his first goal for Leeds in a 1-2 defeat against Cardiff City at Elland Road. The club awarded him a two-year contract after his outstanding performances.
- He was awarded the number 27 shirt on July 31, 2015. He made only ten appearances in all competitions during that season.
- He signed a new three-year contract extension on June 23, 2016, to remain at the club through the summer of 2019. He scored his first goal for the club in 2016-17 with a long-range free-kick against Nottingham Forest on August 27, 2016. He was injured in September 2016 and became a key player in Leeds’ midfield.
With his outstanding form, he was awarded the Championship Young Players of the Month Award for October 2016. After giving away a penalty in a 2-0 defeat to league leaders Brighton & Hove Albion, he was issued his first professional red card on December 9, 2016. He played 40 games for the club in 2016-17, scoring once and providing three assists in all competitions.
- He scored two goals in a 2-0 away win against Bolton on the opening day of the 2017-18 Championship season. He made 43 appearances during that season with his outstanding form. He scored seven goals and provided three assists in all competitions.
- He made 46 appearances during the 2018-19 season for Leeds, scoring once and providing three assist in all competitions. Leeds finished the regular season third. Thanks to his outstanding performances, he was also named the Yorkshire Evening Post Player and of the Year for the 2018-19 seasons.
- He signed a five-year extension to his contract in September 2019. He scored his first goal for the 2019-20 season against Birmingham City on October 19, 2019.
He made 40 appearances in the 2019-20 season for Leeds United, scoring two goals and two assists. Leeds United won the 2019-20 EFL Championship title, which prompted him to join Premier League. He was again praised for his outstanding performances and was included in The Guardian’s Championship Team.
- He made his Premier League debut in the season’s opening match against Liverpool, where he lost 4-3. He made his 200th appearance in the Premier League on February 8, 2021,
when Leeds beat Crystal Palace 2-0. In the season’s final game, on May 23, 2021, he scored his Premier League goal with a free-kick. He made 30 appearances during the 2020-21 season for Leeds, scoring once and providing two assists in all competitions. Leeds finished the season in the ninth position.
- Although he is English by birth, he can play for Jamaica and Ireland through his heritage.
- He was also called up for the Jamaica team but chose to play for England.
- On September 8, 2020, he made his international debut for England in a 0-0 draw against Denmark.
- He was selected in 2021 to be part of the England team that represented England at UEFA Euro 2020.
Height & Weight
Kalvin Phillips is 1.78m tall, He is 5 feet 10 inches tall. His bodyweight is 73kg. His body is athletic. His eyes and hair are brown. His sexual orientation has been described as straight.
Salary and Net Worth
Kalvin Phillips’s professional football career makes him a good income. He earns his income from endorsements, salaries, and bonuses. In summer 2014, he signed his first professional contract with Leeds United. His net worth is estimated at EUR9 million, and his salary is PS1.8million as of 2021. His market value is approximately EUR30 million.