Quick Facts About Rodrigo De Paul
|Celebrated Name||Rodrigo De Paul|
|Nick Name||El Pollo|
|Birth Name||Rodrigo Javier De Paul|
|Place Of Birth||Sarandi, Argentina|
|Mother||Monica De Paul|
|Height||5 ft. 11 inches|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Source of Wealth||Football Career|
|Net Worth||$1 Million-$5 Million|
|Current Club||Atletico Madrid|
Rodrigo Javier De Paul is an Argentine professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for Atletico Madrid in La Liga and for Argentina National Team.
He began playing football with the youth team of the Racing Club in 2002 and started his career with the club. He played his first game as a professional player on February 10, 2013. On July 1, 2014, he was signed by Valencia CF on a five-year contract at the cost of US$6.5 million.
The player made his La Liga debut for the club on August 23, 2014. On February 4, 2016, He was released to his former club Racing Club where he made 13 appearances for the club, scoring one goal and contributing one assist in all competitions.
On July 20, the club transferred him into Italian Serie A club Udinese for EUR10 million. His debut with the club was on August 13, 2016. He made his debut in round three of the Italy Cup. After five seasons with Udinese and on July 12 in 2021, he signed with Atletico Madrid under a five-year agreement for a cost that was EUR35 million.
At the international level, He has played for Argentina at the highest level. He made his debut as an international player for Argentina on October 11, 2018. It was part of the Argentina team that finished 3rd in Copa America 2019 after beating Chile by two goals in the third-place match.
In June of 2021, he was named in Argentina’s team to play in the 2021 Copa America in Brazil. He was instrumental in helping Argentina to win their 2021 Copa America, allowing Argentina to beat their record for the 15th Copa America title and their first major international trophy since 1993.
What is Rodrigo De Paul Famous For?
- A professional footballer.
- Awarded the 2021 Copa America with Argentina.
Where is Rodrigo De Paul From?
On May 24, 1994, Rodrigo Javier De Paul was born. The place of his birth is Sarandi, Argentina. His mother was Monica De Paul, and his father, whose name is not known.
He has Argentine nationality. He is of the white ethnicity. The religion he follows is Christianity. His horoscope’s sign is Gemini.
Rodrigo De Paul Club Career
- He started playing for the team’s south side at the Racing Club in 2002 and started his career at the club. The first game as a professional was in February 2013, in an 0-3 defeat against Atletico of Rafaela. On March 10, 2013, He got his club’s first goals in a win of 3-0 in a 3-0 win against San Martin de San Juan. In 2012-13 in which he played 21, he had 21 appearances at the club and scored two goals, and helping two others throughout the season.
- In the 2013-14 season during the 2013-14 season, he played 35 times at the club. He scored four goals and assisting with four throughout all competitions.
- On July 1, 2014, he signed a contract with Valencia CF on a five-year contract worth US$6.5 million. The player made the La Liga debut for the club on August 23, 2014, with a 1-1 against Sevilla FC. On December 4, 2014, the striker got his goal of the season in a 1-1 victory against Rayo Vallecano in the fourth round of the first leg of the Copa del Rey. On April 9, 2015, He got his very first La Liga goal for the club in a draw of 1-1 against Atletico Bilbao. In his debut season, the player played in 29 matches at the club and scored two goals, and contributing four assists across all games.
- In his 2015-16 campaign during the early part of his season, he had an appearance for his club 15 times in matches.
- On February 4, 2016, He was loaned to his former team Racing Club until the 2015-16 campaign. The club played 13 games at the side, scoring one goal and assisting in all competitions.
- On July 20, 2016, the player received a transfer from Italian Serie A club Udinese for EUR10 million. On the August 13 of 2016, he scored his debut with the club in a 3-2 loss to Spezia Calcio during the third round of the Italy Cup. On August 20, 2016, the player made his league debut at the club, losing 4-0 to AS Roma. On January 29, 2017, He scored his first goal in the league in the 2-1 victory over AC Milan. In his debut season, he played 35 games at the club and scored five goals, and assisting with four assists across all matches.
- In his 2017-18 campaign, he played 39 games at the club and scored four goals, and assisted seven times throughout the season.
- In his 2018-19 campaign as a star, he opened the season with four goals during the first six games in the Serie A season. The season was a success as he made 37 appearances for Udinese with nine goals and provided seven assists across all the tournaments. He finished with the title of Udinese, the top goal scorer, scoring nine goals.
- On October 15, 2019, the player signed a contract extension of five years with Udinese. In December of 2020, the club’s captain was in place of Kevin Lasagna. In the 2019-20 season, the player played 35 matches for Udinese, scoring seven goals and assisting seven throughout all competitions.
- In his 2020-21 campaign during the season 2020-21, he played 38 times for the club, scoring nine goals while providing 12 assists across all the games.
- After five seasons with Udinese, on June 12, 2021, the player joined Atletico Madrid with a five-year deal with a cost that was EUR35 million.
Rodrigo De Paul International Career
- He has played for Argentina at the top level.
- He made his debut international for Argentina on October 11, 2018, in a friendly 4-0 victory over Iraq.
- His part in the Argentina squad placed 3rd in the Copa America 2019 after beating Chile by 2-1 in their third-place game.
- Then, on June 20, he was selected in Argentina’s team for the 2021 Copa America in Brazil.
- July 3, 2021, was when he scored his debut International goal with Argentina in a 3-0 victory against Ecuador in the quarter-finals in the 2021 Copa America in Brazil.
- In the final match of the tournament, which was played against host Brazil, his long pass allowed Angel Di Maria to score the game’s sole goal. It contributed to Argentina winning in the 2021 Copa America, allowing Argentina to claim its record-breaking 15th Copa America title and its first major international trophy since 1993.
Rodrigo De Paul Height and Weight
Rodrigo De Paul stands at the height of 1.80m, i.e., the size of 5’11 inches. He weighs 70kg. He has a strong body built. His eyes are light brown, and the color of his hair is black. His sexual orientation is straight.
Rodrigo De Paul Net Worth and Salary
Rodrigo De Paul earns from his professional football player. His earnings come through contracts, wages, as well as bonuses, and endorsements. July 2014 saw him signed with Valencia CF on a five-year contract for US$6.5 million. In July of 2016,
He was transferred into Italian Serie A club Udinese for EUR10 million. Then, in July of 2021, the player joined Atletico Madrid on a five-year contract worth EUR35 million. In 2021 the estimated value of his net worth ranges from $1 million to $5 million, and his pay amounts to PS1.6 million. The value of his market is estimated to be around EUR38 million.
Did You Know?
- He said he started playing football in the age group of eight.
- The player played his first professional match as a professional in February 2013.
In the final game of the tournament, which was played against hosts Brazil, His long pass led Angel Di Maria to score the game’s sole goal. This contributed to Argentina taking home their 2021 Copa America, allowing Argentina to win their record fifteenth Copa America title and first major international trophy since 1993.